Saturday, October 24, 2009

Meal Planning Monday & Tasty Tuesday

I always plan my meals on Thursday night and go grocery shopping on Friday mornings, so I thought I would share what's on the menu this week.



Monday- Chinese Veggies with Chicken, Egg Rolls and Asian Noodles

Tuesday-Tacos with Spanish Rice

Wednesday-Bratwursts with Baked Beans and French Fries

Thursday-Broccoli and Cheese Soup with Chicken Breast

Friday-Beef Stew with Veggies and Corn Bread

Saturday- Charleston Grits, Eggs, Bacon and Biscuits

Sunday- My Mom's for Dinner, yummy!



My mom got me this meal planning book and it has really helped! I look at the Harris Teeter ad on Thursday, match up coupons and make my meals from that. I always save tons. Just this week my grocery bill was $85.00 and I saved $70.00. Last week was even better. My bill was $160.00 (but I stocked up on lots of meat to freeze) and saved $101.00! I average about $550.00 a month in groceries, but I cook 2-3 meals a day, both the girls bring their lunch to school everyday and I pack Ryan a lunch for work each day, so it really is saving. When Ryan use to work uptown, he eat out everyday and was spending close to $50.00 a week, plus I was still cooking dinner and would just trash the leftovers, so now he just brings them to work. My grocery bill is about the same but I am saving close to $200.00 a month with Ryan packing a lunch and he loves eating a home cooked meal at work, verses fast food or over priced, fried, food lunches. We do eat out about once a week, and I love the wraps from the Harris Teeter deli, which if it's one of those days, I will just grab those and then of course, my mom cooks us a yummy meal on Sunday nights, so I do get a break. Hope everyone has a good week and please share some of your cooking ideas, I love to try new things!

1 comments:

4torock said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.