Thursday, November 13, 2008

Miss You Dad

These pictures were taken when he was going through Chemo and Radiation, so he doesn't look quite like I remember him but it show his love for my children.


On Saturday, it will 3 years since my Dad passed away from stage 4 Lung Cancer. This time of year is always very hard for me, with the the Holidays. He was a great man, who worked so very hard for his family. He was such a wonderful PaPa to my children. Him and Kiley were like two peas in a pod. They had such a special relationship. Emma Grace was only a little over a year when he passed away, so she doesn't remember much of him. He was also very sick during that time. He was diagnosed in August of 04, she was born in September of the same year and he passed away November of 05. Still the time he did spend with her was so very special. He was very sick, but would hold her in his arms for hours and both of them would fall asleep. During that short time of his diagnosis till his death we became very close. It was so hard for me, I took on the parent role as he took on the helpless child role. I remember taking care of him and healing so many open wounds from my childhood growing up. I will never be completely okay, and this forced me to grow all the way up, but it sure taught me how to keep going when you feel like it's almost impossible. I am so proud of how my dad fought so darn hard. I know where I got my integrity and strength from. I know he is now in Heaven with God, looking down on me and my children.....and with that I can be in peace.

3 comments:

4torock said...

I knew it was around this time..... I know he is so proud of you and your family:) {hugs}

nora said...

thinking of you at this time - love you :)

April said...

Aw Jessica, what a nice tribute. I'm sure he's proud that you're keeping his memory alive. ~Hugs~