Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day. This was my first Mother's Day, as a mommy of 3! Ryan let me sleep in, which was so nice. I was then served waffles and eggs and received a wonderful card, a dozen roses, and drum roll please......RAINBOW FLIP FLOPS!!! I have wanted a pair for years, but couldn't swallow the idea of paying $50+ for flip flops. I had mentioned to Ryan that I wanted some and I though for sure he was gonna buy me "rainbow colored" flip flops, not the real thing, but he surprised me and I will be wearing them for years and years and years. He informed me they should last for something like, 50 years, wow, they might out live me! Okay, so back to my day, we then headed to church. They had a great service, the masses' intentions were for the living and deceased mothers. During the service, I realised how lucky I am to have my mom and children. This day is so special to me, but I know it must be so very painful for so many out there, that long to be a mommy or have lost their child or mother. I can't imagine the pain. After church we headed home. I cleaned the house and got ready for my mom, Doug, Kell and Zac to come over and eat yummy enchiladas. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

I thank GOD for all he has blessed me and my family with. My children have made me such a better person. And my mother is so wonderful to me. She is more than I could ever ask for in a mom. Hope all you mommies had a great day!

0 comments: