Thursday, April 8, 2010

An Amazing Easter Gift









Ryan entered into the Catholic Church at the Easter Vigil. I am so overwhelmed with happiness and joy. I have the faith I longed for, for so many years. I am very fulfilled with my relationship with our God and my husband. Wow, I have never had such peace, it's an amazing feeling.

I was raised Catholic, as were my mom, grandparents, etc. I really didn't realise what a wonderful gift I had received. I went to church, at my convenience, for many years, when I was in college and even after me and Ryan got married. Ryan was raised Southern Baptist and he wasn't too interested in converting to Catechism, he was happy with his faith. I remember our family trying many different churches for a while there, trying to find the right church but nothing ever fit.

Fast forward to about 2 years ago.....we were really struggling, for the first time in our life, faith was all we had. We needed a reality check. Ryan was working A LOT, the kids would go days without "Daddy time", I was stressed, overwhelmed and pretty sad....I prayed, A LOT, as did Ryan. God answered our prayers....in ways that scared the heck outta us but it was a good, much needed scare. We had to make BIG decisons and we did, with God on our side. We started putting God first, just the way it should be. We started going to church every Sunday, we felt "at home" at a Catholic church, close by. Ryan was called by God to join "RCIA", Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, and started a long wonderful, amazing journey. Every Sunday, for the past nine months, Ryan would have class on Sundays, for 1 1/2 hours, along with weekend retreats and workshops. It was hard at times, I was kinda on my own with 3 kids at church. Along with Ryan's work schedule, and many other issues, but this made it so much more meaningful. We had to work for this. I can't begin to tell you what this has done for our marriage, our family. We have had some hard these past few months and God new we would. He also new we would have "RCIA", we would have faith, we would have him and we would turn to him. God amazes me! I never once asked Ryan to become Catholic, but I did pray to God, for our family to have a wonderful, close, fulfilling relationship with him and he granted us this X's 10! What an amazing Easter, one that our family will never forget. God is Good!
Matthews 5:16: Let the light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven.

1 comments:

dawn said...

what a wonderful easter for you family! it is so exciting to see how God is working in your sweet family! many blessings!!